Thursday, March 31, 2011

News from Zoe - Nuove da Zoe

I know, it's a lot of time since the last post... Terrible period: my job, my house renovation, the last flu of the season... Everything was fighting against me! However, I'm still here. And I'm knitting ;-))
I've started a very (maybe... TOO) ambitious project: a little sweater for me, with merinos sleeves and borders and kid mohair body. Sleeves are totally lace-knitted. I've found the pattern on a magazine, but I've completely revised it, since I wanted to knit bottom-up, avoiding sewing as much as possible.
Now, the sleeves are finished and I'm dealing with the body. Hope to have it completed within Easter!
Meanswhile, I've casted on Hari together with the KAL from Italy group with a lovely cotton in sage tones. It's for a good cause, since the pattern designer decided to donate 85% of all her patterns sales from the 14th of March for the next two weeks to Japanese people (You can read all the details here).  This should be finished in a while!!!

Lo so, è passato un sacco di tempo dall'ultimo post. Periodo assurdo: il lavoro, la restrutturazione di casa, l'ultima influenza della stagione (forse...). Tutto mi si è girato contro. Comunque, sono ancora qui. E sferruzzo. ;-))
Ho iniziato u progetto molto (forse TROPPO) ambizioso: un piccolo cardigan per me, con le maniche e i bordi in lana merino e il corpo in kid mohair. Le maniche sono completamente lace. Ho trovato lo schema su una rivista, ma l'ho completamente rivisto perchè volevo lavorare bottom-up, evitando quanto possibile le cuciture. Per ora, ho terminato le maniche e sto lottando con il corpo. Spero di finirlo entro Pasqua!
Nel mentre, ho iniziato Hari con un adorabile cotone in tinta salvia, assieme al gruppo KAL from Italy. E' per una buona causa, visto che la designer ha deciso di donare i proventi delle vendite dei suoi pattern per la popolazione del Giappone (Potete leggere tutto qui!). Dovrei finirlo volando!

No comments:

Post a Comment